Wednesday, January 30, 2013
Thursday, January 17, 2013
2) This guy and his parents make me smile!
3) Husband scraped the ice off my car for me before he left for work. It really helps me not be late to work. (For being in the middle of the desert we sure do get a lot of ice on our car!)
4) I had a lot of fun writing this post.
5) One of my best friends from college, Esther, and I have been texting all this week. We have not spoken in a while, but we always pick up right where we left off. I love getting to hear about all the exciting plans God has for her this next year!
6) I got to spend time with Kim and Avery my room mates from college. I sure missed seeing them. Even though it was a while since we have all been together, it was like we never left.
How was your week? Have a great weekend!!!!
Sunday, January 13, 2013
Yes, the quote above really described me as I read it in my new devotion called "Unglued" by Lysa Terkeurst.
There it was plain as day on the page, the words I could never find to explain how I felt.
Im sure I am not the only one, but I feel like this more often than I care to admit. I have wished I was a better at blogging, I have wished I looked differently, I have wished I had different gifts than the ones God has given me. I have wished ALOT.
This statement made me realize that I am supposed to see my weaknesses and sins. As children of God, we need to turn from those sins. We need to turn to God to help us better ourselves for his glory. Our weaknesses are necessary. We must have them so God can come in and makes us strong. Thats what His grace is for.
Dwelling on our imperfections however, is not what He has intended for us. We are all unique with different gifts and strengths. Each of those gift needs to be celebrated! God has made each person with love and care, and your talents are meant to be used for His kingdom.
Knowing this does not mean we will not get back into wishing mode from time to time. We will all mess up and drop the ball. The best part is, God's grace covers it all, and he will be waiting to pick us back up again.
We are made in Gods image. He tells us that we are wonderfully made.
Lets celebrate who He made us to be.
"Dear Lord, You made me in Your image-and that is something I seem to forget daily. Please help me remember to celebrate and live in who You made me to be, and not dwell on what I wish I were. In Jesus' name. Amen"~Unglued
Thursday, January 3, 2013
Happy Friday! I hope you had a blessed and wonderful new year and week! Im linking up with Lauren for High Five For Friday.
1) Spending New Years eve with some friends from church and their kids. We had such a wonderful time!
2) Making Pretzels with Ben on New years Day
3) Making New Years Resolutions is always exciting to me!I believe 2013 is going to be a great year!
4) New phone case my husband gave me. I absolutely love it!
5) Chalk board mug I made for all my co-workers for Christmas (We happened to have one extra to keep:)
Tuesday, January 1, 2013
- Run a half marathon ( I am a little nervous I wont achieve this one. I am going to do my best!)
- Put less pressure on myself to the meet these goals and be "successful" in any way shape or form. I stress myself out way too much, and I now realize God's got it. I just have to let it go and do my best.
- Lose myself in God. By this I mean more reading my bible and journaling. When we lose ourselves, God shows us more of who He always intended us to be. Maybe start a new bible reading plan?
- Serve others more often. Random acts of kindness, praying for others, volunteering, and just showing love.
- Patients, its something I struggle with, and in this new year I need to trust that God is in control. I need to learn how to wait and be still.
- Continue to nurture our marriage. I would like to do weekly date nights, and make quality time to talk daily a bigger priority.
- Dream. I am in a place where I still don't have a plan or direction (see patients issue above.). I know that God has one for me though, and I am going to do my best to find it. Once I find it, I want to have the courage to seek after it whole heartedly!
If you have any suggestions as to achieving these goals or want to share some of your own goals that would be great!
I am looking forward to 2013, and cant wait to see what it brings. The new year brings with it a sense of hope, and a fresh start. I hope this year brings you all sorts of joy and happiness!