Pages

Friday, October 5, 2012

How to Find Joy

Yesterday as I left for work I was praying for a good day. I get in my car and it won't start. Crud. After cranking it three times it finally started! The day didn't get any better from there. I had new responsibilities placed on me at work, I spoke to a very angry person on the phone, I strained a muscle in my hip.... I could go on.

However, all the bad things that happened is not the point. I prayed that God would just get me through the day. Then my devotional from the night before came to mind. This devotional reminded me that we need to find our joy in God, not in our circumstances. Nothing is constant in this life accept God. All the problems that we encounter usually sort themselves out, or God helps us to deal with them.

Needless to say God gave me an attitude adjustment at the end of the day.

The only problem with my car was the BATTERY!( My lovely husband changed it in the dark last night. Thank you Ben!) The angry person apologized, and my hip feels much better today.
My new responsibilities will take some time to adjust to, but I can do it!

God got me through it. He always does, and he taught me a much needed lesson. God has to be my Joy!

This won't be easy, but it will be worth it.

Love Always,
Alix


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!