Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

What A Peach!


Last weekend we went to pick peaches at Apple Annie's in Wilcox AZ. My mother and father in law were in town along with my sister in law. Katie was a summer missionary, so I had not seen her in months! It was so much fun! I learned a few things from peach pickin:

These peaches were the size of my hand!!!!

1) You can eat some peaches in the orchard to find the type you like the best.
2) Different types of peaches taste WAY different.
3) The fruit is dusty, so bring a water bottle to rinse me off.
4)Being short and picking any type of fruit does not go hand in hand. ( Good thing Ben is six foot!)
5) Orchard peaches taste way batter and are twice as big as grocery store peaches.

My wonderful sister in law!
All in all we had a great time! We even picked some Asian pears. They also had a bakery, we tried to stay away from the temptation, but it was too much for us! We looked but didn't touch!

They also had tiny little pumpkins, I know they have absolutely nothing to do with peaches.  How cute though right?!
They also had a variety of preserves. Ben's parents bought us some strawberry and peach tea jam. This is the best jam you will EVER taste! If you are in our neck of the woods, you should definitely go!


What fun adventures have you been on lately?


Love Always,
Alix

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!