Pages

Monday, October 7, 2013

31 Days: Meaningful Worship: Another Hallelujah


Today we will be looking at Another Hallelujah by Lincoln Brewster.

I have the immense privilege of being part of my worship team at church. I get to be surrounded by some very very talented people with a hearts that beat solely for our God. This is one of the first songs I ever got to sing with the team, and for that reason it will always hold a place in my heart.

Here are the lyrics:
(verse 1)
I love You Lord with all my heart
You've given me a brand new start
And I just want to sing this song to You
It goes like this the fourth the fifth
The minor fall the major lift
My heart and soul are praising
Hallelujah

(chorus)
Hallelujah, hallelujah
Hallelujan, hallelujah

(verse 2)
I know that You're the God above
You're filling me with grace and love
And I just want to say thank You to You
You pulled me from the miry clay
You've given me a brand new day
Now all that I can say is
Hallelujah
Yesterday, I mentioned that I believe that every word that leaves our lips should be intentional. (I believe this to be true worshiping or not.) Sometimes, when we worship we get comfortable. We have sung these songs before, and it is easy to sing them without thinking about what we are saying. I have been guilty of this on numerous occasions. 

To combat this, I wanted to know the definition of Hallelujah. We have heard this word a million times right? It graces many a song and is used an an exclamation of praise. The problem is, I had been singing it for years without ever knowing exactly what it meant! 

Hallelujah: God be praised. 

I wanted to make sure I understood the whole definition meant before I went around singing this powerful word. Therefore, I dug a little deeper, I looked up the word praise. 

Praise: To express one's respect and gratitude towards God. 

There we have it. When we sing Hallelujah, we are expressing our respect and gratitude to our almighty God. What a privilege it is to have the ability to do that! 

My dear friends, we are speaking to the creator of all things. He gives a new start in Him everyday. He holds our lives in his hands and shapes us as if we were clay. He fills us with grace and love that we are incapable of creating ourselves. He does all these things simply because He loves us. That alone my friend is reason enough for me to exclaim Hallelujah!  

Love Always,
Alix

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!