Pages

Sunday, October 6, 2013

31 Days: Meaningful Worship: "I Wonder"

Via
For the next 31 days I will be writting everyday about a particular worship song. (This was supposed to start on the 1st but, there were a few aparment issues that popped up.)

I believe with my whole heart that when we worship (which can come in many many forms) we need to mean it with all our being. Every word that leaves our lips, must be thoughtful and full of love.
My favorite way to worship is through song, and that is why we will be going through 31 songs this next month. We will be talking about what the songs mean, what bible verses back them up or inspire them, and how they have spoken into my life.

Via
To start off this series, I wanted to start with Leeland's "I Wonder." We covered this song last week in the worship service, and it captivated my heart.

Have you ever felt like there is just nothing you can say to God because of all that He has done for you? Have you ever felt like all you can do sit there in awe? I am at a loss when I think about all the words in this song.

Here are the words:

"I Wonder"

At the stars in the night, I wonder
At Your lightning in the sky, I shudder
Your glory is a blanket that covers
Every living thing

I’m in awe at the majesty of who You are
Your love is a seal burnt inside my heart
All of the day I want to be where You are
Holy Father

And it feels like there’s not enough praise inside of me
With all these words, all my heart can sing is holy
You are holy

Jesus Christ
You bled Your love, laid down Yourself
And gave me life
In naked shame You hung and You were lifted high
Here I lay in awe and wonder

I am afraid
For no one’s ever sacrificed and loved me this way
So on my face I fall under Your heavy grace
Here I lay in awe and wonder
And I wonder

I’m in awe at the majesty of who You are
Your love is a seal burnt inside my heart
All of the day I want to be where You are
Holy Father

And it feels like there’s not enough praise inside of me
With all these words, all my heart can sing is holy
You are holy


Jesus Christ
You bled Your love, laid down Yourself
And gave me life
In naked shame You hung and You were lifted high
Here I lay in awe and wonder

I am afraid
For no one’s ever sacrificed and loved me this way
So on my face I fall under Your heavy grace
Here I lay in awe and wonder
And I wonder 

I love the first verse, it just describes a few of Gods creations that leave me in awe every time I see them. These creations display his glory and it covers everything the eye can see. Look at the two pictures above, don't they just scream Gods glory and majesty?!

The second verse is repeated twice in this song. It describes the awe that we have for the majesty of our God. The God who has created all things, and yet calls us by name. The God who does not need us, but wants us anyway.  His love is with us always, and is written on our very hearts. We know all of this, therefore, we want to be with Him wherever he is all day everyday.

The chorus speaks of Jesus' crucifixion. The crucifixion was God's greatest sacrifice and the greatest demonstration of love the world will ever see. His grace is so heavy that all we can do is fall under the weight and sit in awe of the God who loves us. We have absolutely nothing to offer Him, but He loves us anyway. We can not repay our debt, thankfully Jesus did it for us. 

When I think about that, the debt that I no longer owe because of Jesus, I am in awe. All I literally can do is sit in the presence of God and marvel at who He is. 

Are there any worship songs that you would like to share? I would love to write about them and discuss them with you. I am definitely going to need some ideas in the up coming days. Please let me know if there is a song that God has laid on your heart! 

Love Always,
Alix 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!