Pages

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

31 Days: Meaningful Worship: Lord I Need You


Have you ever tried to do everything on your own? We struggle, we strive, and all is does is leaves us exhausted, frustrated, and not an inch further that where we started. I am guilty of CONSTANTLY doing this. It is emotionally, physically, and spiritually draining. The song that we are looking at today makes me release my grasp that I think I have on any situation. God uses these words to breathe new life into me every time.

Today we are looking at "Lord I Need You" by Chris Tomlin   

Lord, I come, I confess
Bowing here I find my rest
Without You I fall apart
You're the One that guides my heart

Lord, I need You, oh, I need You
Every hour I need You
My one defense, my righteousness
Oh God, how I need You

Where sin runs deep Your grace is more
Where grace is found is where You are
And where You are, Lord, I am free
Holiness is Christ in me

Lord, I need You, oh, I need You
Every hour I need You
My one defense, my righteousness
Oh God, how I need You

Teach my song to rise to You
When temptation comes my way
And when I cannot stand I'll fall on You
Jesus, You're my hope and stay

Lord, I need You, oh, I need You
Every hour I need You
My one defense, my righteousness
Oh God, how I need You

You're my one defense, my righteousness
Oh God, how I need You
My one defense, my righteousness
Oh God, how I need You


My favorite part of the first verse is this: "With out you I fall apart..." I love the vulnerability of this sentence. No inhibitions, no reservations, we just put it all out there. Lord I confess, I have been doing all of this by myself and I am failing miserably. I literally fall apart at the seams with out you God. 

Like the other songs we have looked at the grace of God is highlighted. His grace sets us free from sin and from ourselves. 

When we look at the chorus once again, I am blown away by the vulnerability that we can bring to our God. I had one question though, I didn't quite understand what was meant by this: "My one defense my righteousness..." I understood that God is our one and only defense, but what did the righteousness meant? You guessed it! I looked up another definition!

Righteousnessthe quality of being morally right or justifiable.

I didn't know what the sentence meant until I stumbled upon this verse:

Indeed, there is no one on earth who is righteous, no one who does what is right and never sins.~Ecclesiastes 7:20 

Light bulb! God is our righteousness! We don't have the capability to be righteous but God is that for us. We NEED Him to be that for us. We are so incapable, we NEED our God every moment of everyday. How blessed we are to know that he is with us everyday? Especially when we know how dependent we need to be on Him. Our rock is our God and he will never be moved.  

Love Always,
Alix 



2 comments:

  1. Alix this is such a wonderful idea!! I've really been enjoying reading your discussions about worship songs! I am sure you know zillions of worship songs, but if you are taking suggestions, a song we sang at church last week that I really loved singing was "Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)" by Hillsong United. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that song! I will definitely do that one! We covered that one in our worship service, and my heart melts when I hear it. Thank you so much. It means the world to me to have you like these posts!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!