Pages

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

31 Days:Meaningful Worship:Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)



There have been several times in my life where I have felt that God called the wrong girl. The situation or task at hand was much to difficult for little ol' me to handle. At leased thats what I thought at the time. 

As time moved on, God gave me strength I knew was not my own. Through Him, I survived and thrived. I emerged a better and new creation. 

Today we are looking at Oceans (Where Feet May Fail) by Hillsong United 


You call me out upon the waters
The great unknown where feet may fail
And there I find You in the mystery
In oceans deep
My faith will stand

And I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

Your grace abounds in deepest waters
Your sovereign hand
Will be my guide
Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me
You've never failed and You won't start now

So I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior
[x6]

I will call upon Your Name
Keep my eyes above the waves
My soul will rest in Your embrace
I am Yours and You are mine


This song has required a lot of prayer and contemplation on my part. These lyrics are deep (no pun intended), and were a little difficult for me to understand. 

In the first verse it refers to the point in time where God calls us out on the water much like he did to Peter during the storm. (Matthew 14:29) He calls us to step out with Him into the great unknown. It is scary and uncertain out there, but we know we can trust our God. Our feet will fail us, we will feel like we can go no farther. Yet, with God's strength we continue on. It is on faith alone that we can stand. 

When we get to this scary place we can call on our Father. As long as we keep our eyes on Him, He will keep us above the waves as the ocean rises. While all this turmoil and uncertainty swirls around us we can rest in His embrace. He will give us unceasing peace, regardless of the circumstance. He will always be ours and we will always be His. That my dear friend brings true comfort. Doesn't it?! 

God's grace shines the most brightly in adverse circumstances. Our God is sovereign...what does that mean?! Yes, this means another definition! 

Sovereign: Possessing supreme or ultimate power 

God, who has all power will guide us through these hardships. As fear starts to swell around us we can trust in Him. He has NEVER failed, and He never will. Even if what we face is scary, or something bad has happened, God has a plan. This plan I promise you is what is best for His children and His kingdom. 

The bridge brings a very brave request. We ask that God would bring us to the place where we have no choice but to trust Him. Its hard for me to ask that. I like being comfortable. The problem with comfortable is growth will never occur. We must be stretched in order to grow.  

We ask that God would call us to this scary place, and it is here that He will make our faith stronger. The stronger our faith, the closer we are to the presence of God. 

That should be our greatest desire (I wish it was that easy)
, to be as close as we can be to our God.  God has us go through some tough things in order for us to grow. He wants us to grow as people and as followers of Christ even if it takes going where our feet may fail us. 

Love Always,
Alix   



2 comments:

  1. It's so true that our faith grows the most in the scary places! He doesn't call the equipped, but he equips the called. Love this series, girl. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Your encouragement means a lot to me! I love your blog I was so excited to see that you read mine!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!