Pages

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Ten Important Things My Father Taught Me


For Mother's day I wrote this post. I thought it would be fun to write one for my Father too.

Here it is, ten important things my Father taught me.

1) Always remember to laugh, it's essential to living a good life.
2) Teasing is a way to show others you love them. Make sure to be nice though.
3) Silly nicknames made up by your Father NEVER go away:) Just embrace them. (Seriously though Dad, Clyde? Really?!)
4) Always be generous, every blessing is from God. It was never ours in the first place.
5) Kindness and a smile go a long way in this world.
6) Prayer is powerful, never ever stop praying.
7) Always be willing to help others, they are our family, blood relative or not.
8) Worshiping God can be done anywhere at any time.
9) Take time to study God's word. God knows what he is talking about.
10) Finally, Joshua 1:9, "Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you no matter where you go." This verse has and will always be my favorite because of you.

Dad, you really are my hero. You taught me how to love first. You are a great example to me, and you have always reflected God's love. You amaze me with your generosity, compassion, and goofiness. Thank you Dad for being the best Dad we could ask for. I love you!!!

Love Always,
Alix

2 comments:

  1. What a great post! Dad's are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dads are amazing right?!?! Thank you for stopping by!!!!

      Delete

Your comments make my day!